Summer Essentials (Part 1)


Hello everyone! It's been awhile... again. Sorry! I just haven't thought of anything super exciting to blog about! Well, I think this post should be kind of good, though!

I've made of a list of fashion and beauty essentials for the summer. This post will be the beauty essentials, and later in the week I will post the fashion essentials. I thought this might be a cool idea to share with everyone some of my favorite products for the summertime! If you like this idea, then let me know in the comments! I will leave links to products I like and mention in this post at the end!

Okay, I am going to start with a skincare product. I recently started using a sugar scrub in the shower that I have been loving! I got in at Walgreen's, so it is super affordable. It is from a brand called Tree Hut, and I think it is amazing! The scent is coconut lime, and it smells soooo good. I use it three to four times a week because it is a pretty hard scrub. Scrubs are awesome during the summer to just get rid of dead skin and just refresh your skin.

Now on to makeup! I'll start with face products. It think that in the summer a good BB cream is preferred than a full on liquid foundation. They are lighter, easier to apply, and great for summertime! Tinted moisturizers are great too. I just find myself reaching for those more than liquid foundations at this time in the year.

In terms of blush, I have been absolutely loving the Revlon Highlighting Palette in the shade Rose Glow. It's so gorgeous! It has the right mixture of pinky tones and highlighting tones, and it just looks amazing on the cheeks!

For eyeshadow, I have been wearing a lot of gold/champagne/pinky tones. I've been particularly loving the shade Half-Baked in the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. A good golden eye always looks good, and especially in the summer as it really can make your eyes pop!

Recently I have been trying out a lot of different mascaras, and the one that I think will be my go-to for summer is the Benefit Roller Lash mascara. It is so easy and fast to apply! You can put however many coats on you would like, and it will always look amazing!

For my lips, I have been reaching to the same lipstick. It is the Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in shade 227. It is just simply a pinky, golden nude that looks amazing with the golden eyeshadow.

Here are all the links to the products I have mentioned!

Tree Hut Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub
Dr. Jart++ BB Cream
Revlon Highlighting Palette
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
I can't actually find a link to this particular shade in Chanel, so I'm going to link one that looks very similar to it and is a little cheaper! Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in shade Pink Cognito

Okay, that's it for the beauty section of my summer essentials! Let me know if you have any of these products, and what you think of them!

Thank you for reading!!!

Much love,
~Michaela~

No comments:

Post a Comment